Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Sleeper, a clunker, and the final 10

I am part of a picks group over at Upickscentral.com - great site. It is soooo easy - just run down the pre set games each week, and pick against the spread. Ok so that part is not so easy, but the procedure itself is! At the beginning of the season we pick a clunker - a team who will fall from the top 25, a sleeper - a team not in the top 25 in the start but will finish there, and who we think the final top 10 will be.

So to set up my end of season walk of shame, here are my picks.

Sleeper: Tennessee - not currently in the top 25 (boohoo) but I have faith they will be!! For starters  Dooley has had some time to settle and take stock of his herd. And while there may be a lot of young new team mates on the roster, I am hopeful that the talent in the players will over ride the lack of experience. Plus, I am loyal to a fault!


Clunker: Penn State - I had a hard time picking this one. They are currently ranked 25 in the USA today poll, but my final decision was pushed by the fact that they still have not named a starting QB or right guard, their kicker is suspended and Paterno himself is on the injured list thanks to receiver Devon Smith running him down during practice! They just don't seem as together as they should be with mere hours remaining before the official season starts.

Now for my top 10.

Team #1: Oklahoma
Team #2: Alabama
Team #3: Florida State
Team #4: LSU
Team #5: Oregon
Team #6: South Carolina
Team #7: Oklahoma State
Team #8: TCU
Team #9: Texas A&M
Team #10: Auburn

I argued with myself more than a few times, and this is my final answer. Surely I will kick my self several times throughout the season. Is it just me, or does every team seem to be oozing some sort of awesomeness this year? Maybe its just rose colored football is finally back is session beer goggles everyone is wearing.

I will get points for correctly picking teams, as well as having them in the right spot. Even now I am thinking of making a quick change before the window closes in a few hours!

Who would you put in the top 10? your clunker? your sleeper?

xoxo
Paula

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted some rose colored beer goggles, where would one purchase such a set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog.

    Where do you watch NCAA football games? I usually have to stream the games online via one of the unstable websites and resolution is poor at best. Got to make do with what I can get though.

    Appreciate your help please. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete